35 things you NEED to buy next time you go to Ikea
Leave your DC in the play area, lose DH near the kitchens, and let Mumsnetters guide you around the Ikea market hall.
1. Paper napkins - "they do some really pretty styles"
2. Apple slicer
5. Tea infusers - "they hang over your cup!"
6. Garlic press
8. Sealing clips [editor's note - PREACH]
10. Cheap frying pans - "good for when you have teenagers burning the shite out of everything"
11. Cylindrical ice cube trays - "great for putting in water bottles"
12. Washing-up brushes which stick to the sink - "they're the best!"
13. Drinking glasses - "indestructable. I dropped one on the tiled kitchen floor the other day. It bounced; not a scratch on it!"
14. Cork heat mats
15. Battery-powered mini whisk
16. Plastic tongs
17. Cheap fleece blankets - "ideal for snuggling under/at the park/bottom of DD's bed"
18. Soft toys for kids - "DD has the Little Red Riding Hood and the wolf, which comes with a little Grandma you can put in his mouth and open his tummy and get her out"
19. Bright cushion covers - "the material is cheap, colourful and washes brilliantly"
20. Fake pot plants
21. Finger puppets
22. Photo frames
23. Solar lights - "the dome ones are brilliant as are the bird-shaped ones. We love them"
Top tip - controversial, but one to avoid we agree:
"Step away from the tealights. You will get home to discover that you bought (and never used) 200 the time before, and the time before that and the time before that."
27. Towels - "I bought mine years ago and they still look the same as the day I bought them; I think they'll last a lifetime"
28. White bathroom step - "every house with a one- to six-year-old needs one of these"
29. Fold-away shopping bags
30. Waterproof ponchos - "great if you're carrying a baby in a sling"
And a little Scandi something for after...
32. Swedish meatballs [frozen or from cafe, if you want to really enjoy yourself] - "always improve the quality of my life (fleetingly)"
33. Apple cake
34. Reindeer [really!]
35. Daim! Daim cake! Daim everything!
PS - PUT YOUR BLUE BAGS IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW! YOU'LL BE REALLY ANNOYED IF YOU FORGET THEM!
Liked this? Then you'll probably like...
|The Mumsnet essential Waitrose shopping list||Most ludicrous arguments had with family members|
Last updated: 9 months ago