The ultimate laundry quiz
Think you know your detergent from your delicates? Take our quiz and find out just how well you really know these laundry dos and don'ts – and don't forget to let us know your score
1) What does this symbol mean?
a) Dry clean only
b) Do not bleach
c) Do not tumbledru
2) You receive an 100% silk blouse for Christmas. Are you able to safely wash it in the washing machine?
a) No – step away from the fabric softener.
b) Yep, no worries – just bung it in at 30. It will be fine, right?
c) As long as you use the hand wash function, a very mild detergent and a mesh laundry bag to avoid snags.
3) The earliest 'washing machine' was really just a scrub board (as fun to use as it sounds, we're sure). When was it created?
4) Which wash should your child’s grubby red football top definitely not go into?
5) If in doubt, always check the care label. But what won’t be revealed to you on it?
a) If an item is tumble dryer safe
b) The material the item is made up of
c) If an item will make you look like Kate Middleton
6) What does this symbol mean?
a) Do not wash
b) Dry clean only
c) Wash at 30°
7) Sometimes, dry cleaning is unavoidable – particularly when it comes to which item?
c) Suit trousers
8) What is the difference between bio and non-bio detergent?
a) Non-bio detergents are for dark washes, and bio detergents are for light washes.
b) Non-bio detergents are much more gentle on sensitive skin.
c) Bio detergents are designed for use with older, less modern washing machines.