Serves: 6(6 Votes)
1 large onion
1 handful cheese grated
250ml stock (if necessary)
1 tin leek and potato soup
1 pinch herbs (of your choice)
4 chicken thigh (or 3 chicken breasts) diced
120ml Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Soften the leeks and the onion in a little olive oil.
- Add the chicken and brown through.
- Add the CHEAT …. a can of leek and potato soup, and a hint of white wine (reserving the rest for later)
- Adjust the seasoning by adding herbs, salt and pepper.
- Let this cook together for a while, adding veg or chicken stock as necessary.
- Meanwhile peel and thickly slice enough potatoes and parboil (about 8 minutes).
- Transfer the chicken/leek concoction to a deep baking dish and top with a generous layer of the potatoes, finishing with a good dollop of the grated cheese.
- Pop in the middle shelf of a moderate oven (as opposed to a rampaging one !) gas mark 5/160C for about 15-20 mins.
To serve, throw children in front of unsuitable TV programme.
Finish contents of wine bottle.
You can make extra of the chicken / leek concoction than needed and freeze it for another day.