200g caster sugar
225g dark chocolate broken into pieces
175g unsalted butter plus extra for greasing
50g pecan nut chopped
3 medium eggs separated
65g plain flour
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas Mark 4. Butter a 20-25cm cake tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Place 175g of the chocolate, plus the butter and sugar in a heavy-based pan and heat gently until melted, stirring occasionally. Leave to cool.
- Whisk the egg yolks into the chocolate mixture, then add the flour, nuts and the remaining chocolate.
- Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they form soft peaks, then gently, but thoroughly, fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for about 35-40 minutes until crusty on top.
- Once out of the oven, leave to cool. Once cool, run a knife around the sides and remove from the tin. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with custard or ice cream or cold with cream.
I cooked it for 5 mins less than the recipe says to, which makes it lovely and gooey in the middle.
Kids can help