Serves: 4(3 Votes)
300g icing sugar
1 egg whites
- Separate the egg white from one egg.
- Mix in icing sugar until the consistency is mould-able in your hands - none of the faff of whisking up the white and folding in the icing sugar!
- Roll small amounts of the mixture into marble sized balls and place 4 of these spaced out onto kitchen roll on a cold plate.
- Place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on full power and watch in amazement.
- Once they have grown they will need about a further 20-30 seconds to dry out in the middle. The exact time will depend upon the power of your microwave.
I usually find using 3-4 plates in rotation helps prevent these from getting too hot. The meringues can be hot inside so allow to cool before eating. Serve with cream, ice cream or fruit - or all three.
Kids can help