Serves: 4(2 Votes)
1 vegetable stock cube
1 handful cherry tomatoes halved
2 cloves garlic
3 tins chickpeas
1 block Parmesan (if you have it)
- Soften garlic and a rosemary stick in a pan with olive oil (add chopped bacon or pancetta now if you want).
- Add 3 chickpeas cans and leave it to get the flavours for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a few halved cherry tomatoes in it and the hard bit of the Parmesan to give it flavour.
- Add vegetable stock: two inches over the chickpeas. Leave to simmer for ten minutes.
- Take 1/3 of the chickpeas out and blend the remaining in the pan with blender. Then add the rest and some egg pasta (the best is broken up egg lasagna sheets) and cook until the pasta is ready.
- Leave it to rest for a couple of minutes and serve. The next day is even thicker and nicer in my opinion.
- You can do the same with borlotti beans, only difference is, no egg pasta. Don't ask me why, Mamma says so.
Can freeze without the pasta. Can serve with halved sausages.