Serves: 32(1 Vote)
300g self-raising flour
15g golden caster sugar
250g butter at room temp plus extra for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a couple of baking sheets.
- Put butter in a large bowl and beat until soft.
- Gradually beat in sugar, then stir in flour.
- Use hands to bring together into a soft, but non sticky dough.
- Roll teaspoon-size pieces of dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Dip a fork into cold water and use it to flatten each ball and imprint the pattern.
- Bake in batches then cool on wire racks.
You can add things to these, such as chocolate chips or stem ginger.
use an electric mixer to soften butter
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help