Serves: 24(1 Vote)
225g mature cheddar cheese finely grated
- Preheat your oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Cover a large baking sheet with baking parchment. Don't try without the baking parchment or they will stick and you'll never get them off the sheet.
- Put little piles of grated cheese on the paper, allowing room around each for spreading - you will need to do this in several batches or use more than one baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until they are golden brown and when you try to lift one off the paper it feels firm. If it is bendy and collapses, put them back in the oven for a minute or two longer.
- Cool on the paper and then lift off with a spatula and eat on their own or serve with dips. They keep well in an airtight container.
You can make these with Parmesan as well, although that's obviously going to be more expensive. For extra 'bite' sprinkle some cayenne pepper on top of the mounds before you bake them.