1 handful cheddar grated
1 tin chopped tomato
1 tsp pesto
400g penne pasta
- Empty can of tomatoes into pan, and add a slug of olive oil and the pesto.
- Cook on a med heat until reduced and sauce is ready, and add cheddar. Stir until melted.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pan of boiling water and strain.
- Add strained pasta to cheesy tomato sauce and combine.
- When mixed put it all into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle more grated cheese on top.
- Grill until brown, and serve with some delicious crusty bread and salad.
You can vary this by adding chunks of ham, or garlic or top with bits of crispy bacon. My sister also adds cooked chicken which tastes good too. Fast, delicious and nutritious, a family favourite for years.