370g caster sugar
115g unsalted butter
1 lime zested and juiced
1 orange zested and juiced
4 eggs beaten
2 lemons zested and juiced
- Put the butter and sugar in a saucepan, add the rinds and strain in the juice.
- Heat gently for 3 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a basin that will fit into your slow cooker pot. Leave to cool for 10 minutes and then strain in the eggs and mix well.
- Cover the basin with foil and pour hot water in the slow cooker pot to reach halfway up the sides of the basin.
- Put the lid on and cook for 3-4 hours on low. Stir once or twice if possible.
- Warm 2 jars in a low oven - spoon in the curd. Add a waxed disc and leave to cool. Seal each jar and store in the fridge.
- Use within 4 weeks.
These would make a perfect gift!
Kids can help