Serves: 6(2 Votes)
4 large potatoes peeled, chopped and boiled (for mashing)
1 carrot grated
1 tin salmon, tuna or trout (or fresh)
6 spring onions chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
- If you are using fresh fish, poach it in milk for about 10 minutes.
- Saute the spring onions slowly in a little butter until soft but not brown.
- Mash the potatoes with a little milk and butter and add the lemon juice.
- Using a spoon stir in the fish, spring onions and grated carrot.
- Shape the mixture into patties (fish cakes) or balls.
- Beat the egg and dip the cakes in it, then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- They are now ready to shallow fry or oven bake. Serve with a green veg.
When and how to freeze: Wrap them up in clingfilm before cooking
How long will it last?: Up to two months
How do I cook it?: Cook straight from frozen. Pop them in the oven for 30 mins, turning half way.