1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp capers rinsed
30g anchovies coarsely chopped
400g cherry tomatoes chopped
3-4 cloves garlic crushed and finely chopped
250g pasta gluten-free
1 handful parsley roughly chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy pan and sauté the garlic for a minute or two.
- Add the crushed tomatoes in can (along with about 2 tablespoons of water to get all the juices in the can) to the pan; give them a good mix and cook for a further two minutes.
- Stir in the capers and anchovies, combine well. Season with salt (if needed; as anchovies and capers are already quite salty) and black pepper and simmer on low heat for about 5-8 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, place the gluten-free pasta in a saucepan of boiling water, add a little salt and a dash of olive oil. Stir occasionally and boil for about 10 minutes, until al dente.
- Towards the end of the cooking, take 2 tablespoons of the pasta’s cooking liquid and add to the pasta sauce, along with the parsley and mix well. Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and mix the pasta with the sauce.
You can prepare the sauce ahead of time.