300g spaghetti or other pasta
1 handful cherry tomatoes or plum, halved or quartered
1 clove garlic chopped or crushed
1-2 slices bacon per person, cut into pieces
- Heat a good few glugs of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the garlic and bacon and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and fry with the bacon and garlic until cooked to your liking. We like our bacon crispy and our tomatoes obliterated.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti or pasta in a large pan.
- Tip bacon, tomatoes, garlic and oil mixture into the pan of cooked pasta and mix it all together.
- Add Parmesan and black pepper to taste.
Don't let the garlic burn, it's not so nice. You can add as much bacon/tomatoes/garlic as you like and can also add other veg eg: mushrooms/courgettes/aubergine.
Kids can help