Serves: 11(2 Votes)
2 tsp salt
3 courgette coarsely grated
1 tbsp herbs chopped
1/2 blocks feta (or cheese of your choice)
3 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- Place the courgette in a bowl and mix in the salt. Put aside for about 20 minutes for the salt to draw out the liquid from the courgette.
- Line a sieve or similar with a muslin type cloth eg a clean teatowel. Put the courgette into the sieve, then gather the cloth up around it and squeeze out as much liquid as you can with your hands.
- In a bowl mash together the cheese, herbs, flax if using and pepper. Add the eggs and courgette and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a generous amount of cooking fat in a frying pan and cook spoonfuls of the mixture, flipping when the bottoms are a nice golden brown.
- Press down with a spatula to flatten the fritters and cook until the second side is done. Continue until all the mixture is used up.