1/2 tsp vanilla extract
300g caster sugar
200g dark chocolate
200g unsalted butter
140g plain flour
1 pinch salt
3 eggs large
- Line a tin with baking parchment (about 23 x 33cm).
- Melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Beat the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar together.
- Beat in the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the flour and salt.
- Pour into the tin and cook at 160-180C until cracks start to appear on the surface and firm on the outside but gooey on the inside.
- Leave to cool in the tin and then cut into 24 squares.
By far the best chocolate to use is Green and Blacks 72% cooking chocolate.
Make sure you keep whisking the egg mixture when you pour in the warm chocolate mix so that you don't end up with scrambled eggs!
Kids can help
Biscuit and sweets