100g self-raising flour sieved
100g butter or margarine
2 eggs beaten
1 tbsp icing sugar to dust
1 tbsp ginger preserve heaped
- Cream the butter and sugar together well.
- Add the beaten eggs a small amount at a time, mixing well in between.
- Warm the ginger preserve slightly so that it is runny and add to the cake mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in the flour gently, (so as not to knock out the air from the mixture).
- Spoon into bun cases and cook at 200C for about 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Dust with icing sugar or decorate however you prefer.
Feel free to use a cake mixer until the point where you add flour. Once you add flour you need to treat the mixture gently.
Kids can help