Serves: 12(1 Vote)
5oz self-raising flour
3oz butter or margarine
1oz cocoa powder
3oz dark brown sugar
1 medium eggs beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla flavouring
3oz chocolate chips
3oz light brown soft sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten egg gradually.
- Add the cocoa and flour and mix a bit more.
- Add the chocolate and mix until just combined.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture onto a greased baking tray, teaspoons give small cookies for polite company, dessertspoons make cookies just like the gooey ones you can buy in supermarkets.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on size.
- Leave to cool on the tray for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooking rack.
- When cool store in an airtight box somewhere the children can’t reach. If you can get the cookies hidden before anyone finds them they keep for about a week, otherwise about 20 minutes…
It's important to use both light and dark brown sugars, that's what makes the amazing mmmmmmy gooey texture. Billingtons fairtrade sugar, Divine fairtrade chocolate and Green and Blacks fairtrade cocoa are all available in Tesco.
Kids can help
Biscuit and sweets