1 handful cheddar grated
1 tin baked beans
1 tin of salmon (pink or red)
1 carrot grated
1 mashed potato
- Peel the potatoes and boil or steam until soft. While they are cooking, prepare the other ingredients.
- Grate some cheddar cheese (mild or strong depending on your child's tastes) into a bowl and put to one side.
- Grate some carrot into another bowl. Put this to one side.
- Put the salmon into a bowl and mash with a fork so that it can be spread. Put to one side.
- Empty the tin of beans into a saucepan or bowl for the microwave.
- Once the potatoes are ready, mash with a small amount of butter and milk. Spread the mashed potato onto a plate so that it covers the whole plate.
- Put on a layer of grated carrot evenly over the mashed potato.
- On top of this layer, put the salmon, building up the layers as you go.
- Heat the baked beans and place on top of the salmon, spreading out over the plate.
- Cover with the grated cheese.
The ingredients can be adapted according to what your children like. For vegetarians you could leave out the salmon.
Kids can help