2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 jar satay sauce
75ml rice vinegar
25g salted peanuts chopped
1 bag rice
3 tbsp palm sugar
1 tsp red chilli
150g mushrooms (shittake)
75ml fish sauce
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes.
- Mix the rice vinegar, fish sauce, chilli paste and sugar together and place in a shallow bowl. Add the tofu and mushrooms and stir well until everything is coated. Leave for 15 mins to marinate.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water.
- Meanwhile cook the rice as directed on the pack.
- Thread tofu and mushrooms alternately onto wooden skewers, leaving the marinade in the dish.
- Lightly oil a griddle pan and fry the skewers for 2-3 mins on each side until golden.
- Heat the satay sauce in a small pan and add the marinade, bring to the boil and serve alongside the satay sprinkled with chopped peanuts .