a few splashes vegetable oil
4 cloves of garlic sliced
1 tbsp tamarind paste
several sprigs bunch of coriander
50g palm sugar
40ml fish sauce
4 shallots (peeled and thinly sliced)
1 tsp red chilli
- Place the eggs in a pan of boiling water and boil for 6 minutes.
- Drain and plunge in cold water then allow to cool then peel.
- Mix the palm sugar, fish sauce, tamarind sauce and chilli paste together in a small pan and simmer gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Fill a deep frying pan with 2cm vegetable oil and heat until it sizzles add a slice of shallot to test the temperature). Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Shallow fry the eggs in the oil for 3-4 minutes, turning until golden brown all over and drain on kitchen paper.
- Cut the eggs in half and arrange on a plate, drizzle with the tamarind sauce and sprinkle with the shallots and garlic and garnish with coriander leaves.