- salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp tomato puree
750g lean beef mince
1-3 cloves of garlic .peeled and finely chopped
1 large onion peeled and chopped
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp dried oregano
300ml beef stock
60ml red wine
1 tsp dried marjoram
400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Add the oil to quite a large pan and heat it on a fairly high heat.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan and leave for about 3 minutes or until it starts to go translucent.
- Add the chopped garlic and minced beef and let them fry until they brown, breaking the beef with the back of your cooking utensil.
- Add the herbs and red wine and leave to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Next up, add the beef stock, puree and tomatoes and give it a generous stir.
- Season with oregano, marjoram and salt and pepper until you get the desired taste.
- Bring to the boil then cover and turn down the heat.
- Leave it to simmer in the pan for 30 minutes occasionally stirring and topping up the seasoning if required.
- Now the bolognese doesn't require so much of your attention it's time to cook the spaghetti.
- Boil a large pan of salted water.
- place the spaghetti in the pan and leave it to cook for the time stated on the packet.
- Once cooked, drain the water run lukewarm water through the spaghetti drain again and plate up.
- By now your bolognese should be done to perfection. Remove from the heat and serve over the top of your spaghetti.
- Serve straight away.