Serves: 4(1 Vote)
2 tsp salt
15 cloves of garlic whole and unpeeled
200ml chicken stock
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp dry sherry
2 tbsp plain white flour
1 tbsp light soy sauce
900g chicken thigh with skin and bone
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle the thighs with salt and pepper evenly.
- Roll the thighs in flour and then shake off any excess.
- Heat the wok on a high heat until it is hot.
- Add the oil to the wok.
- Once the pan is hot and slightly smoking, turn the heat to low and add the chicken skin side down.
- Brown the chicken for approximately 10 minutes either side.
- Drain off all the excess fat.
- Add the dry sherry, soy sauce and stock.
- Turn the heat to as low as possible, cover and braise for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender. cook the rice in this time.
- When the chicken and garlic are cooked, remove them from the wok and serve it on a bed of rice, sprinkle with chives, serve but best of all enjoy!