175g self-raising flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
10ml rapeseed oil
120g golden caster sugar I use coconut sugar
120g butter/vegan margarine
60mlml milk almond milk unsweetened !
1) Grease tin with diary free butter or rapeseed oil or for cupcakes use cupcake cases. Pre heat the oven to 150 degrees (300f)
2) In your mixing bowl add 120g golden caster sugar to 120g of diary free butter and mix until the mix becomes a pale cornflour colour.
3) Then add the almond milk and 2 tsp vanilla extract and 10ml rapeseed oil and combine.
4) Sift half of the self raising flour in and mix and then add the other half of self raising flour. I like to use a hand blender on medium setting for a few minutes to ensure all the mixture is combined and to allow air into the mixture, so you have lovely fluffy cupcakes at the end.
5) The mixture should be of medium consistency and slowly run off the spoon. If your mixtures too thick simply add more almond milk a tsp at a time.
6) Put the mixture into the tin and place into the pre heated oven for 20-25 minutes for cupcakes and upto an hour for round cake. The cake should be golden brown on the top and bounce back when pressed lightly, also when you place a tooth pick into the middle is should come out clean.