9 cherry tomatoes
1 medium eggs
375g ready-made puff pastry
6 basil torn into small pieces
2 small goat's cheese round (each about 100g, the ones in a long roll covered in herbs are best for this)
- Preheat oven to 220C / 425F.
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 7 inch squares.
- Cut the goats cheese into 6 thick slices (horizontally as though slicing a sausage).
- Place a slice in the centre of each pastry square.
- Put a a few halved tomatoes on top of each one, add some torn basil leaves.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg, pinch and then pull up around the sides.
- Brush over with beaten egg and place in the oven for 15-20 mins until the pastry is risen and golden brown.
- Serve with salad leaves.
Make sure there is enough space between the tartlets on the baking tray so they don't expand into each other
Kids can help