1 box Oreo Biscuits
10 Cake Pop Sticks
1 bag Yellow Candy Melts We used Wilton
1 bag Orange Fondant We used Renshaw
20 Googly Eyes Or a black icing writer
1 Yellow Shimmer Sprinkles Optional
- Dust a non stick mat with icing sugar.
- Roll out a small amount of orange fondant and cut 4 flowers per chick for the wings and feet. Roll a small ball and pinch the top to make a small coned shaped beak, 1 per chick pop needed.
- Half your Oreos using a sharp knife (parents should do this).
- Melt the candy melts in a bain marie for 2-3 minutes.
- Dip the ends of the cake pop sticks in the melted chocolate and put them in the centre of each Oreo. Let the chocolate set for around 5 minutes.
- Take your Oreo pops and dunk them in the melted chocolate.
- Top immediately with the shimmer sprinkles whilst the chocolate is still soft.
- Add the googly eyes, wings, feet and beak.
- Set aside for 5-10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
TIP: You can pop the oreo pops in the freeze to speed up the setting of the chocolate.
Kids can help
Biscuit and sweets