200g Plain flour
100g butter cubed
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 egg beaten
1kg apples (cooking and eating mixture)
- Rub the flour, sugar and butter together til it resembles breadcrumbs and use 1 beaten egg to bind together.
- Wrap in cling film in a disc shape in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Roll out on floured cling film, which makes it easier to pick up and line your tin.
- Grease your tin and then sprinkle flour on it - makes it so much easier for the tart to come out.
- Once you've lined your tin, push right into the corners, and leave the excess hanging over the sides at the top of tin (remove once fully cooked)
- Prick the base of the pastry all over, put grease proof and baking beans on to blind bake, put on preheated baking tray at 180C for 10 mins.
- Remove beans and paper and bake for another 5 mins (if the pastry still looks a bit wet give it another couple of mins)
You should now be able to put whatever filling you want it and bake accordingly.