200ml double cream
1 large onion
200g frozen peas
300g fresh pasta
300g rose veal escalop
1 red pepper
1 clove of garlic
- Blacken the pepper - I use a plumber's blowtorch - and remove the blackened skin under the cold tap. Remove seeds and pith and cut into 5mm squares.
- Skin onion and cut up into similarly sized pieces.
- Season the veal well with salt and black pepper and smear with crushed garlic. Cut into strips approx. 5mm wide and 10cm long. Add a little oil and a generous knob of butter to a large hot frying pan and sear the strips for around 1 min turning at least once. Set contents aside to cool.
- Add a little more oil and a good knob of butter to the same frying pan and cook the peppers and onion on a medium heat fro around 5 mins until the onions are translucent. Leave in the pan.
- Make (or use bought ) pasta. To make use 9oz bread flour, 3 medium eggs and large pinch of salt. Form dough and work until smooth (approx. 10 mins ). Put in fridge for 1/2 hour then roll out and cut to tagliatelli size.
- Add cream to frying pan with onion and peppers and put on low heat.
- Microwave the peas for 6 mins.
- Cook pasta in lots of salted water until just al dente then drain and add veal strips to the frying pan. Put pasta back on top, add the peas, mix well and serve with a squeeze of lemon and more black pepper.
Be careful not to overcook the veal.
The veal could be replaced with beaten out chicken breast or pork fillet.