Serves: 4(2 Votes)
2 tbsp runny honey
0.5 tsp cayenne pepper (or chilli powder)
4 sweet red peppers
2 handfuls broken walnuts
1 block feta
- Cut the stalks off the peppers and remove seeds as much as possible.
- Put the peppers on their sides on an oiled baking sheet in a very hot (preheated) oven for 7 minutes.
- Mix together the walnuts, honey and cayenne, crumble in the feta and mix together.
- Remove from oven and cool, remove skins, if using long thin bell peppers make one slice in the peppers so you can open them out flat on the baking sheet, spread the feta and walnut mix over the opened up peppers.
- If using regular red peppers, put the filling inside the peppers.
- Place in the very hot oven for about 8 minutes, keep checking.
- Then try to slide the slippery devils off the tray on to plates.
try adding some basil or a little baby spinach to the filling