1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
200g plain flour
250g icing sugar for frosting for marshmallow buttercream
200g marshmallow fluff for marshmallow buttercream
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g caster sugar
120g unsalted butter, room temperature
120g unsalted butter, room temperature for marshmallow buttercream
2 tbsp whipping or double cream for marshmallow buttercream
- Sift the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking powder into a large bowl and set aside.
- After leaving the ingredients to stand, beat in the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until for around 5 minutes until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and mix well, scraping sides as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix with whisk on 'low'. Gently fold in sprinkles.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough and roll into balls.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for up to an hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 170C. Bake cookies for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for five minutes, then turn onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Marshmallow Fluff Buttercream
- Cream the butter until light. Sift in the icing sugar and beat until combined.
- Add whipping cream and marshmallow fluff and beat for around 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Using a piping bag with a nozzle, pipe the buttercream onto the centre of cookie.
- Top with a second cookie, or repeat to get several sandwich layers.
Biscuit and sweets