Serves: 4(1 Vote)
700ml chicken stock
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
8 slices smoked back bacon
2 tbsp half-fat creme fraiche
2 Leeks, trimmed and chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
250g Arborio rice
200ml white wine
500g chicken breast, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Fry the leeks and the bacon with the olive oil on a medium heat (to prevent leeks from browning) for about 5 minutes
- Add garlic, fry for another 2 mins
- Add Arborio rice, fry for 1 min, until rice starts to go translucent at ends
- Add 200ml wine. Bring to a high heat to boil off alcohol.
- When all the wine has absorbed/ boiled off, add stock.
- Stir in stock and chicken
- Bring to the boil then transfer to a casserole pot with lid.
- Place pot in the oven for about 25 mins
- Remove pot, stir in the crème fraiche and leave to stand with lid on for 5 mins.