1oz brown sugar
3oz golden syrup
4oz plain flour
1 tbsp very cold water to mix
4oz red jam
2oz butter (again)
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6.
- Rub one portion of butter into the flour to presentable breadcrumbs, and mix to a dough with cold water (or just use pre made shortcrust pastry)
- Line a quiche dish with the pastry. Trim off the excess around the edges. Prick the base of the pastry case with a fork.
- Place a sheet of foil into the pastry case and pour in enough baking weights/dried beans to fill the base. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes , remove the foil and beans, and cook for 5 more mins.
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup together - in the microwave or in a pan. When all melted together, gently fold in the cornflakes, making sure that all the cornflakes are coated in the syrup.
- Remove pastry case from the oven and spread the base with jam. Pour in the cornflake mixture and level off the mixture.
- Bake the tart for an additional 5 minutes or until just set up. Allow to cool slightly before serving with custard.