6 slices bacon (or ham)
1 tbsp cream (or milk)
1 handful Parmesan grated
- Start cooking pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon (if using) to taste.
- Mix together the eggs, the milk (a few glugs) and the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cut the bacon/ham into small cubes.
- Drain the pasta and return to the cooking pot.
- Pour the egg mixture over the pasta and heat while constantly stirring over a low flame. Do this until the consistency is to your liking.
- Serve in dishes with the bacon/ham sprinkled over and slightly mixed in (otherwise the kids will pick off the bacon and only eat that). You can add the bacon to the eggy mixture, but I've found it ends up at the bottom of the pot and not throughout the pasta after stirring.
Please note that the eggs in this probably aren't cooked completely! This is nut-free and can be made vegetarian if you leave out the meat.