1 tsp olive oil
1 large onion chopped
4 tbsp soy sauce
2-4 eggs beaten
4 spring onions chopped
- Cook the rice in chicken stock according to packet instructions and leave to cool. It can be left in the fridge overnight.
- Heat the oil in a wok and pour the beaten eggs in. Stir the eggs to avoid it becoming an omelette.
- When the egg is about 75% cooked (ie still a bit runny), add the onion to the wok.
- When the egg is almost cooked through, add the rice and season well with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle in as much soy sauce as you want and throw in the spring onions. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the rice is piping hot.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
If you don't want to use precooked rice, make it fresh and let it cool - I think precooked rice is fine as long as you thoroughly reheat it.