1 pinch salt and pepper
2 onion cut into chunky slices
4 fresh tomatoes cut into eighths
8 pieces chicken (thighs and drumsticks)
- Preheat oven to about 180C.
- Put chicken in a casserole or deep baking tray.
- Put tomatoes and onions in between the chicken pieces leaving a few on top to go a bit crispy and caramelised.
- Bake for about an hour or until chicken juices are clear. There should be just a bit of tasty juices from the chicken and veg and for best results it shouldn't be allowed to dry out.
- Lovely with mashed potatoes and maybe green beans but just with mash is delicious.
The amounts are approximate and you can adapt to taste and quantity, just make sure there there are some browned bits for added flavour. My partner likes to add red peppers which is also delicious, although I prefer the simple unadulterated version.