1 handful flaked almonds
2 sprigs thyme
1 tbsp butter
2 trout fillets
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
- Put your new potatoes on to boil.
- Place a large sheet of foil on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Lay the fillets in the centre of the foil, skin side down. (If more than 4 fillets - you'll need more than one baking sheet.) Season the fillets with salt and pepper and place a thyme sprig on each. Fold the foil up like a parcel - try to make sure all the edges are secure but that there is some space in the parcel above the trout.
- Put the trout in the centre of the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Put the green beans on to boil or steam.
- Heat a dry pan and toast the flaked almonds, stirring so they brown evenly. Turn off the heat, throw in a lump of butter and swirl around until melted.
- Remove the trout from the oven, unwrap the parcel, discard the thyme sprigs and serve the trout on warm plates, with the almonds on top. Accompany with lemon wedges, green beans and new potatoes.
You can leave the almonds off for fussy DCs (ie mine) as they only go on when you serve it.