1 slice bread
100g cheese grated
1 large red onion
2 handfuls cherry tomatoes washed
2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tsp herbs
2 handfuls button mushrooms
400g dried pasta (or enough to serve 4)
1 handful Parmesan grated
1 small aubergine
1 sweet pepper (any colour)
1 handful fresh basil (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Chop onion, aubergine and pepper roughly into 2cm cubes.
- Put all veg apart from tomatoes into roasting tin large enough for them to be in one layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped garlic and herbs, season to taste.
- Drizzle over olive oil and mix until all the veg are coated.
- Put in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until veg tender.
- 15 minutes before end of cooking time, add cherry tomatoes and mix in, return to oven.
- 10 minutes before end of cooking time, put pasta on to cook according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, whizz the bread in a processor to breadcrumbs.
- When the veg and the pasta is cooked, in a large casserole dish or similar mix them together along with the grated cheese.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs and Parmesan over top.
- Heat in oven for 15-20 minutes until top browned.
- Sprinkle with basil before serving
- If using leftover roasted veg, mix with cooked pasta and cheese, top with breadcrumbs and parmesan and cook for 30 minutes until heated through
Use whatever veg you have or like that lend themselves to roasting