1 tbsp olive oil
1 large courgette
1 tbsp green pesto
4 slices smoked bacon
1 handful cherry tomatoes
3 handfuls penne pasta
- Put some pasta on to boil.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a deep frying pan.
- Snip 4 slices of bacon into the oil and stir-fry lightly for 5 minutes.
- Slice 1 large or 2 small courgettes and add to the bacon, and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add a large handful of cherry tomatoes, I halve them, into the mixture and continue stir-frying until cooked through.
- This should time with the pasta being ready. Add 1 tablespoon of pesto to the stir-fry mix, stir in, add some of the water from the cooking pasta. Stir to mix in.
- Drain pasta, serve with the sauce when it is thoroughly heated through.
Use as few or many cherry tomatoes as you like. I like a lot of pesto, but 1 teaspoon may be enough. I also like a runny sauce so add as much/less hot water from the pasta to taste.