300g self-raising flour
500g mixed dried fruit
200g dark brown sugar
250ml tea strong, cold
- Mix tea, fruit and sugar together. Leave overnight to soak.
- Next day, add eggs and stir and then add the flour one mug at a time, stir and pour into a 2lb loaf tin or 2, 1lb loaf tins.
- Bake for 1 hour. Test with a small knife. If it is cooked it will come out clean.
- Leave to cool and then wrap in cling film and leave for a few days.
- Slice and (if required butter) serve.
this cake will keep for quite a while if wrapped in cling film.
Good for someone on a fat free diet.
also change tea for sherry and make it into a Christmas cake.
Kids can help