180g caster sugar
100ml milk (for brushing)
200g cream cheese
450g plain flour
1 jar sweet mincemeat
- Sieve the flour then rub into the margarine.
- Mix through the caster sugar, and zest the orange into the bowl.
- Juice the orange, then slowly stir the juice through the mixture.
- Put the mix in the fridge for an hour.
- Meanwhile, mix together the 90g of sugar into the cream cheese.
- Remove from fridge, then roll and cut into mince pie rounds.
- Put a teaspoon of sweet mincemeat mixture onto each round, then top with 1/2 tsp of cream cheese and sugar mix.
- Put the lid on top of the mince pie, and brush with milk.
- Cook at 220C for 10 minutes or until crisp.
Biscuit and sweets
Kids can help