Serves: 10(1 Vote)
200g sweet potato peeled and roughly chopped
200g pear peeled, cored and roughly chopped
100g leek roughly chopped
100g dried red lentil
1 handful frozen peas (optional)
- Cover the lentils with water and simmer for 10 minutes while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Add the sweet potato, leek and peas and simmer for another 10 minutes. If the water evaporates, you can add some more.
- By now the lentils should be quite mushy. Check the sweet potato is tender and once it is add the pear.
- After a few minutes check that everything is soft, turn off the heat and strain what you can of the water into a separate bowl.
- Blend to a purée using a hand blender, adding back the cooking water as need to get the required consistency.
Suitable from about 4 months for weaning.
If it seems a bit runny, you could thicken a bit with baby rice.
Baby and weaning