1 lemon juiced (plus some rind)
6 slices bacon
100ml creme fraiche (or full-fat yoghurt at a push)
3 large leeks
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until they start to get some colour.
- Slice the leeks into thin rounds then add to bacon and turn down the heat a bit.
- Once the leeks are almost cooked (soft but no colour) cook the gnocchi - they only take about 4 minutes or until they float to the surface.
- When everything is cooked, add the creme fraiche to the leeks and bacon and then add lemon juice to taste, some finely grated lemon rind, salt and pepper.
- Tip the gnocchi into the mixture and stir and serve.
I do sometimes give this to the children, but don't blend it because the potato starch makes it go like wallpaper paste, not nice.