Serves: 4(1 Vote)
5 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
175-200g smoked bacon cut into strips or cubed pancetta
2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped or 1 tbsp dried parsley
3-4 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
1 pinch grated Parmesan (to taste)
4 handfuls penne pasta
- First start with boiling the water for the pasta, when boiling fast add plenty of salt and immediately throw the pasta in.
- Then heat 1 of the tbsp of olive oil in a large heavy-based pan and sauté the bacon or pancetta until nicely browned and almost crisp (maybe 5 min).
- Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and remove any excess fat that would have come out of the bacon.
- Pour in the pan the rest of the oil and gently fry the garlic until golden brown (maybe 1 min) take care not to burn the garlic or the oil.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir well to de-glaze any deposits from the bacon, let the sauce bubble for a minute and add the parsley.
- Season and take off the heat. As soon as the pasta is ready toss it in the pan with the sauce. Serve and sprinkle enough grated Parmesan to suit your taste.
When you pour the vinegar it will be spitting for 10 seconds.