Serves: 2(1 Vote)
2 chicken breast chopped into 1cm wide strips
1 tsp cumin
2 lemons juiced
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 pitta breads
2 tbsp hummus
2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
1 iceberg lettuce
- Grind coriander and cumin and add to the lemon juice with pepper.
- Marinade the chicken in the juice and spices for 15 minutes to 2 hours, depending on how tangy you like it.
- Toast the pittas, cut in two and pop a handful of shredded lettuce inside.
- Mix the yoghurt and humous and pop a dollop in each pitta.
- Heat a dessert spoonful of olive oil in a frying pan or wok and add the chicken, discarding the marinade.
- Fry until crispy but not burnt and add 5 or 6 strips of chicken to each pitta pocket.
Best served with wine or beer.