Serves: 6(1 Vote)
1 tin mandarin segments
135g orange jelly
175g sponge fingers
300ml whipping cream or some squirty cream
100g chocolate dark preferably
- Select a suitable dish for your trifle and add the sponge fingers if using.
- Next add the mandarin segments to the dish.
- Make up the jelly as per the packet and add to the trifle dish. Allow to set overnight.
- Melt 3/4 of the chocolate and pour over jelly.
- Make up custard and allow to cool slightly (or use ready made version) and add to the dish on top of the chocolate.
- Allow custard to set if making.
- Whip cream (or use squirty cream) and apply to the trifle.
- Grate the remaining chocolate and use to decorate your trifle.
For a more adult version, you could add sherry, Bailey's or an orange liqueur to the sponge fingers. Eat and enjoy with friends if you can spare any!