100g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g soft brown sugar
1 tsp ginger
2 tbsp ginger conserve
25g porridge oats
100g butter or soft margarine
- Put the oats in a small bowl or tupperware and cover with the milk; just enough to cover.
- Leave in the fridge for at least a couple of hours and up to 24.
- Line a 1lb loaf tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to 160C.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add the oats and milk and mix well.
- Add the ginger conserve and mix well.
- Pop in the oven until cooked (skewer comes out clean).