Serves: 6(1 Vote)
50g nuts (pecans and walnuts work well)
1 jar caramel sauce
- Peel and core the pears and cut into quarters and then into smaller mouth-sized pieces.
- Melt 50g of the butter in a shallow frying pan and then add the pears, cook for about 5 mins, when the pears have started to soften a little add the caramel (about 5-6 tablespoons) but it doesn't have to be exact. Stir to coat the pears with the sauce but then remove from the heat.
- Next make the crumble topping. Start with the flour in a bowl then add the rest of the butter, mix this using your fingertips until you have what looks like breadcrumbs, then add the sugar and nuts. (I normally leave some nuts whole and then crush some so it gives the crumble more texture).
- Spoon the pears into the bottom of an oven-proof dish and then put the crumble mix over the top and bake in the oven at 200C for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve warm with lashings of custard, cream or what my kids like best, Ice-cream and enjoy!
Any fruit can be used, I've tried it with apples and gooseberries and the crumble has been just as nice.