2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
0.5 tsp all spice
- Chop the whole fruits into rough chunks, keeping cores, skin and pips.
- Put the fruit chunks and cider/wine/water in a large pan and cook until the fruit is soft.
- Rub the cooked fruit through a sieve, collecting what goes through and discarding what is left behind.
- Measure what you have left (in cups), then for every cup add:
a) 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
b) 1 teaspoon of crushed or ground cloves
c) 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
d) the grated rind and juice of one lemon
- Put in a jam pan and cook gently until the sugar dissolves, then bring to a good boil.
- Boil well until the butter reaches setting point, stirring all the time to prevent burning.
- Remove any scum from the surface, then pour into sterilised jars and seal them.
I recommend making a childs and adults version of this butter. Its sooo yummy and is very nice melted onto crumpets. My son loves it!
Jam and chutney