1 tin sweetcorn drained
100g stuffing cut into bite-sized pieces
500g shortcrust pastry
1 pinch seasoning
4 tbsp creme fraiche or milk
1 tbsp milk or beaten egg (for glazin)
1 tin condensed soup mushroom
450g turkey cooked and cut into bite-sized chunks
- Preheat your oven to 190C/170C fan/Gas Mark 5.
- Empty the soup into a bowl and stir in the crème fraîche or milk.
- Add the turkey, stuffing, sweetcorn and seasoning to the bowl.
- Grease a 20cm ovenproof pie dish, then take two thirds of the pastry, roll it out on a floured surface and lay it onto the dish. Trim off the excess pastry.
- Place the prepared filling into the pastry-lined dish.
- Dampen the edge of the pastry rim with water, roll out the remaining pastry and cover the pie. Seal the edges well and trim neatly.
- Make a small hole in the centre of the pie to allow steam to escape, then brush the surface with milk or beaten egg.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the pastry is golden.
If you haven’t enough turkey to fill the pie dish try adding canned ham or additional vegetables, leeks and broccoli also work well.