225g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
250g ground almonds
4-5 clementine (about 375g)
- Cover whole clementines in cold water and boil for two hours. Drain, cool, then halve to remove any pips. Blitz the clementines in a food processor whole (pith, skin - everything)
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan and grease and line a 7” or 8” springform tin.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the processor and mix thoroughly. Yes, it looks like it will never work.
- Pour into tin and bake for 40 minutes. Cover with foil or greaseproof paper and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Cool completely in its tin. IMPORTANT: Do not eat it the same day. Leaving it overnight will increase the moistness and make it a real showstopper that people will coo about for years to come.
This cake is perfect by itself or just with a dollop of good plain yoghurt.