1 pint vegetable stock
1 lemon juiced
225g risotto rice
5 cloves garlic
3 tbsp butter
1 small onion
250ml Worcestershire sauce
1 handful flat-leaf parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Finely chop the onion and 3 cloves of garlic.
- Slowly fry in 1 tbsp of butter and a dash of olive oil for about 15 minutes until translucent and soft.
- Add the rice and lightly fry for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and stir thoroughly.
- After all the wine has been absorbed, add the stock a ladle at a time, waiting until the all the stock has been absorbed before adding the next.
- While this is going on, fry the mushrooms in 1tbsp butter, 2 whole cloves of garlic and salt for 5 minutes.
- Put the mushrooms in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
- Chop most of the mushrooms, leaving some for decoration.
- Chop the parsley, juice the lemon and grate the cheese.
- When the rice is nearly ready, add the parsley, cheese, 1 tbsp butter and lemon juice. Turn off the heat and leave with the lid on for 2 minutes.
- Check that the rice is ready, and if it is add the chopped mushrooms give a good stir and serve. Adding some of the roast mushrooms, a sprinkling of cheese on the top.